Regional Medical Director-Military Healthcare
International SOS is the world’s leading medical and security services company with over 10,000 employees working in 1,000 locations in 90 countries. We were founded on the principle of putting the patient first and this is still true today. Led by 5,200 medical professionals and 200 security specialists our teams work night and day to find solutions to protect our clients in whatever situation they may be facing; we assess, advise and assist from a medical, security and logistical perspective to help safeguard travelers internationally through providing invaluable local knowledge and expertise on a global scale.
International SOS Government Services administers the TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP) benefit, providing high-quality, accessible health care services for U.S. Military service members, family members, retirees, and other eligible beneficiaries overseas.
We are looking for an experienced Regional Medical Director with Military Healthcare experience to join our team in Germany. This strategic role will be the liaison between the medical teams, the client and key providers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong medical leadership skills and previous experience of working with the Military. You will be responsible for establishing relationships between all listed parties to assure success of the TRICARE medical programme.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key contractual requirements and work closely with the Head of Medical Services to establish key stakeholder relationships
- Management and supervision of medical teams including performance appraisals, succession planning and development programs
- Interface with the Head of Medical Services to assure alignment
- Provide regular updates on the program to include any feedback from key stakeholders and manage performance improvement plans
- Ensures that all operational delivery for medical services meets the appropriate standard of clinical medical quality
- Escalate or highlight complexities or challenges to Head of Medical Services as and when required
- Ensure medical teams comply to quality assurance initiatives
- Visit locations across the region as required liaising with the client and key providers
- Medical Doctor with 10 years plus post-graduation experience
- Understanding of the U.S. Military’s healthcare services and organizational structure is preferred
- Senior management experience in leadership function - experience as a Medical Director or within medical management
- Broad clinical and health care provision experience preferably gained internationally and/or in developing countries within General Practice, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Accident and Emergency, Aviation medicine, Anesthetics, ICU, Tropical Medicine, Aviation Medicine
- Culturally sensitive & a deep understanding of the delivery of medicine within the region
- Solution oriented and willing to take responsibility to seeing the problem through to solution
- Understanding customer needs & perspective
- Clinically skilled to provide escalation assistance to the country Medical Directors for complex cases
- Quality Assurance Focus and experience of working with internal Quality Assurance colleague
Our company brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At International SOS, we offer a great working environment, thanks to our commitment to flexible working, diversity and development. We celebrate diversity on a global scale. We encourage every colleague to bring their personal best by creating an atmosphere of inclusion and equal support. Our success is the result of diverse ideas, skills and cross-cultural understanding. www.internationalsos.com