Professorship of Translational Psychiatry
(60% clinical / 40% research)
The Medical Faculty of the University of Basel and the Universitäre Psychiatrische Kliniken (University Psychiatric Clinics, UPK) Basel invite applications for the position of Professor of Translational Psychiatry in connection with the position as head or deputy head physician, effective July, 1 2021, or by appointment.
The position includes a clinical workload of 60% and a research and teaching workload of 40%.
The Universitäre Psychiatrische Kliniken Basel are a tertiary care hospital providing full-scale services of highly specialized psychiatric care for the Basel/Upper Rhine Region. The institution has an excellent reputation in the scientific and research field.
The professorship entails the development of psychiatry by translational research approaches, whenever possible using synergies with established research groups in the Faculty and University, especially within the trans-faculty researchplatform (together with the Faculty of Psychology). The research focus is flexible, with early detection (e.g. in the field of addiction or psychoses) being an important topic. The professor is engaged in well-recognized teaching at the university.
- clinical, research and personnel management, and further development of one of the fields in psychiatry in the Universitäre Psychiatrische Kliniken Basel
- academic teaching and implementation of translational research in the Medical Faculty and other academic and private institutions
- Promotion of young researchers and co-organization of postgraduate education and training in psychiatry
- Specialty Board Approval by the Swiss Medical Organisation (FMH) in psychiatry and psychotherapy or equivalent qualification
- Outstanding and internationally recognized translational research accomplishments
- Innovative and integrative personality with organizational talent and economic thinking
- Engagement in collaboration with active working groups in the field of neuroscience and other academic and industrial partner organizations is expected
- Excellent written and spoken German language skills
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification
We offer you
- Stimulating and versatile work in a university and clinical environment
- innovative, interdisciplinary, open research environment
- responsible leadership role
- interdisciplinary collaboration at a future-oriented institution
- attractive employment conditions according to the guidelines of the Universitäre Kliniken Basel (fringe benefits, services supporting work-life balance)
The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity.
We explicitly welcome female applicants.
Application / Contact
Prof. Andreas Papassotiropoulos, President of the Nomination Committee (Phone: +41 61 207 05 99, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) and the scientific coordinator of academic recruitment, Dr. Simone Neu (Phone +41 61 207 61 64, email@example.com).
Application deadline is November 20th 2020.
We ask you to apply exclusively as described in the medizin.unibas.ch/de/karriere/offene-stellen via our online platform.